Here is the OMHA announcement regarding Vaccine Policy OMHA COVID-19 VACCINE POLICY ANNOUNCED
link, which will be the basis for all OMHA member's to follow. We will still have to adhere to how Haldimand County interprets this into Arena Protocols in the future as this Policy is effective after the 31st of October, 2021.
Here is the specific OMHA Policy
The OMHA requires that all Affected Persons be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19, in accordance with the remainder of this policy, as a condition of participating in any Sanctioned Activities during the 2021-22 hockey season. At present, this policy does not apply to hockey players born after 2009 or hockey spectators.
This policy applies to the following Affected Persons, which includes the following persons:
• Players born in 2009 or earlier
• Team Officials (Coaches, Trainers and Managers, etc.)
• Game Officials (referees, linespersons, timekeepers, etc.)
• Association Officials (minor hockey association directors, officers, executive and staff)
• OMHA Officials (directors, officers, executive and staff, including hockey development personnel)
• Instructors (third parties engaged by Associations or Teams to provide specialized instruction (e.g., power skating, goaltending coaching)
At present, this policy does not apply to hockey players born in 2010 or later, or to hockey spectators.
Vaccination Requirement & Records
All Affected Persons are required to be Fully Vaccinated (i.e.: including the 14-day period after receiving their completed dose) by October 31, 2021 or earlier. All Affected Persons must present to their Association designate, as applicable, evidence satisfactory to the OMHA demonstrating that they have received the completed series of an Accepted COVID-19 Vaccine.